Ponche de Coco / Coconut Punch (aprox. 3 bottles) Keep refrigerated.
2 cans Sweet Cream of Coconut (I use Coco Lopez)
3 cans Evaporated Milk, 12 onz.
1 cup White Rum (very strong 70% or 80% alcohol)
1/2 cup Brandy
1/2 cup Perfumed Rum
3 tablespoons Pure Vanilla extract
3 Sticks Cinnamon (put 1 into each of the bottles)
- You can use 2 cups of White Rum. I prefer to add the perfumed rum and brandy because they add layers of taste to the "ponche". But the original recipe only has white rum.
- Mix the milks and add the rums.
- Add the vanilla and pour in the bottles where you have one stick of cinnamon in each of them.
- 1 bottle of Gold Rum 80 degrees proof
- 8 Cloves
- 8 grains Malagueta *allspice
- 8 grains Star Anise
- 3 sticks of Cinnamon
- 1 Vanilla Bean, open
Add spices to rum and let stand for 3 weeks. After 2 or 3 weeks remove spices and rum is kept in a dark place. Do not let the spices in the rum more than 3 weeks, it will become bitter and disintegrate over time, damaging the rum.